How to Replace Lights On My Vehicle?Feb 7th, 2024
If you’ve recently noticed that one of your vehicle’s exterior headlights, taillights or brake lights are not working and want to replace it yourself, you’ll find everything you need here. Having an exterior light that is not working can be dangerous, so you’ll want to have the burned-out light replaced as quickly as possible. Whether you want to do it yourself or have an automotive service professional do it for you, have it done immediately. Keep reading to learn more about how you can replace the lights on your vehicle in five simple steps. If you have any questions or have difficulty doing it yourself, please contact the service department at Red Hill Toyota for help.
[You May Also Like: How Often Should You Change Your Car’s Engine Oil?]
5 Tips for Replacing Lights On a Vehicle
- Figure Out What Replacement Bulb You Need. Check with your vehicle’s owner manual or contact Red Hill Toyota to determine which replacement bulb you need, then purchase a pair of bulbs. When replacing one bulb, it’s recommended that you replace the other as it is usually not too far behind the other burnt-out bulb.
- Safety First. Safety is always the priority when replacing a light on your vehicle. The first thing you’ll want to do is turn off your vehicle. Then, you’ll want to protect your face and hands with gloves and safety glasses.
- Pop the Hood. After opening the hood of your vehicle, locate the light holder that contains the burned-out light.
- Unscrew/Disconnect the Burned Out Bulb. Depending on the age and model of your vehicle, you’ll either need to unscrew the burned-out bulb or disconnect the wires that are attached to it before replacing it with a new one.
- Screw In/Connect the New Bulb. Gently screw in or connect your new bulb ensuring that you’re not touching the glass part of the bulb. Once the new bulb is in, you can close your vehicle’s hood. You’re all set to drive safely at night.
[Learn More About: Headlight & Taillight Bulb Replacement]
When Should You Replace Your Vehicle’s Headlights and Taillights?
Knowing when to replace your headlights and taillights will help you drive more safely as you will not want to drive without them. Don’t wait until a light goes out to replace it. Being proactive will help you drive more safely and avoid any dangerous situations on the road. Have burnt-out headlights and taillights immediately. You can take the worry of having a light go out on your vehicle while on the road by having a regularly scheduled service appointment at Red Hill Toyota.
If your vehicle requires a new headlight, taillight, or any other kind of light, please visit or contact the service department at Red Hill Toyota, today. Our expert technicians will change out your vehicle’s burned-out light quickly to help you get back on the road safely. If you want to do it yourself, visit our parts department for affordable headlight and taillight replacement bulbs.