How to Prevent Your Vehicle From Overheating in the Summer?Jul 14th, 2023
Tips to Prevent Your Engine From Overheating
Summer is here and that means that higher outdoor temperatures will become more normal. While these temperatures feel great to many of us, your vehicle may not be a big fan of the increased heat. One thing that can happen to your vehicle while driving in increased heat and higher temperatures is its engine may overheat. There are many ways you can help keep your vehicle’s engine from overheating and below, you’ll find the top five tips to do so.
[You May Also Like: 4 Warning Signs Your Car Need New Tires]
5 Tips to Keep Your Engine From Overheating
- Keep an Eye on Your Engine’s Coolant Levels. Driving in the higher heat of summer months can cause your engine to heat up more than normal. In order to keep your vehicle’s engine from overheating, it’s recommended that you keep an eye on your coolant levels by frequently checking.
- Watch Your Temperature Gauge. The temperature gauge in your vehicle offers you insights into the temperature of your engine and its oil. During summer driving, be sure to check the gauge while on the road to ensure that it does not get too high and cause your engine to overheat. If the temperature gauge gets high, pull over immediately and wait for it to go down.
- Flush Your Radiator. Before the high heat of summer arrives, it’s recommended that you have your vehicle’s radiator flushed to ensure that all the old fluid is replaced with clean and fresh coolant. This will help your engine from overheating.
- Turn on Interior Heat. To help avoid overheating, you can open up your vehicle’s windows and turn on the heat. This will help pull hot air out of the engine compartment and hopefully keep it cool enough that your engine won’t overheat.
- Schedule Automotive Service. To help keep your vehicle’s engine from overheating this summer, you can schedule an automotive service appointment to ensure that your vehicle is ready for the high temperatures of summer.
If you want to help your vehicle get ready for summer and prevent your engine from overheating, please contact the service department at Red Hill Toyota. We can help make sure that your vehicle is ready to drive in warmer temperatures by flushing out its radiator and filling it up with fresh coolant. We hope to hear from you soon.
[People Also Read: How Often Should You Change Your Car’s Engine Oil?]